Graduation Countdown!!

Monday, June 23, 2008

I LOVE COSTCO...

Can I just say that I LOVE Costco, and always will? OK, so the reason today is not a great reason, in fact, I feel like I got away with something...

Long story: When the kids get their school pictures taken by a professional photographer, I will admit, here on my blog that no one will ever read (or turn me in to the copyright police), that I scan the 8x10 into the computer, and then I will BUY the page of 2-5x7's and turn the rest in! HONESTLY, professional photography is a RACKET sometimes! You only get one or two poses, and they mess up your kid's hair right before the picture, and they make sure that their smile is the worst possible smile--so, unless you are at a photo shoot with a TON of options, you get a pretty crappy photo! ANYHOO, I scanned Nick's photo from school, and "stupidly" though I've done it before with great success, uploaded the photo to Costco and ordered 2 5x7's and some wallets--$.39 each sheet--SO much better than $12.50 a sheet! (come ON!) Anyway, I went to pick them up, and the guy told me that the brand name was in the corner of my scan (whoopsie) and that I had to have the brand name company sign a waiver for my silly scanned photo... Well, I just didn't take them with me (well, the guy took them OUT of my envelope and wouldn't sell them to me...sad...)
ANYWAY, (I told you this was long) today I went to pick up another bunch of photos for work. I told the girl that I sent in both 4x6's and 5x7's. I paid at the photo counter without incident for the two envelopes. My brain said, "One envelope for 4x6's and one for 5x7's." Then, I get to my office, open the first envelope, and there, in an otherwise unmarked envelope were my 2 5x7's and my sheet of 4 wallets!!!!!! Thanks to the Costco guy who just stuck them in an envelope and then in the "to be picked up later" box, and then thanks to the girl who didn't know that I had tried to get away with something last time I was there! I now have a cute pic of my son (that I was just going to print on crappy computer paper) all nice and glossy! YAY! (and a wallet for Noni, who keeps saying she doesn't have him in her wallet!) :)
I LOVE COSTCO! :)

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Ooooo...well, it was their mistake...

I actually regretted being totally honest one time. A clerk at Michael's didn't ring up some paper, and I got all the way out to my car with a large DCWV stack. I realized my mistake, so I took it back in. (good teaching lesson for my dd who was with me) Well, the clerk practically accused me of stealing the stack. Grrr...

Take care! (acidfree/Kendra)